Sunday, July 12, 2015

Book Review: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

6:37 PM

TitleP.S. I Still Love You

Author: Jenny Han
Release date: March 26th 2015
Pages: 337
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Source: Bought
Rating: 4/ 5 stars

                          Synopsis:


Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.



(taken from goodreads)



Review:

When To All the Boys I've Loved Before came out I remember being super excited and eager to read it. Waiting for P.S. I Still Love You brought back all those amazing feelings of excitement and anticipation. Reading it was just the ultimate treat. Revisiting these characters didn't fail at putting a smile on my face. It evoked such a sense of keen happiness. I just didn't want for it to be over.

P.S. I still Love You starts just where To All The Boys Left off. Lara Jean and Peter are now together in a relationship and yes, for real this time! We get to see how their relationship developed and witness all of their ups and downs. While I do love me some Peter Kavinsky, the book was not solely based on his and Lara Jean's relationship. In fact, it seemed like there wasn't as much of Peter in comparison to the first installment. That of which is not really a bad thing. Like all of Jenny Han's other marvelous books, this one had the perfect balance of family, friendship, and of course, love. 

To me this book packed a bit more of punch because there was a larger amount of drama in it. At first there is the whole dilemma of a video of Lara and Peter. A new love interest from Lara Jeans past! And also some things with Genevieve. I loved how we get to know more about Genevieve and Lara Jeans past friendship. How close they were and the reason behind their falling out. Jenny Han has this way of making her characters seem so tangible. Along with making the situations they're going through seem all the more realistic. That's why I will always love her books. 

I, like I'm sure everyone else has, have fallen in love with the Song sisters. I love how strong of a bond they have and how they all look out for each other. I love how distinct each one is. Especially Kitty! That girl has so much sass. I would not mind another book based on Kitty when she's all grown up (I would love that actually.).  However, like with most fictional characters, there comes a time when you just want to shake them. That happened to me quite a few times with Lara Jean. She could so naive sometimes! It was a bit frustrating, but I guess that's just part of it all. It didn't really make me love the story any less.

If you haven't read this series yet, or any Jenny Han book for that matter, I definitely suggest you do! 


10 comments:

  1. I really need to read both of the books in this series. Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I hope you enjoy them when you get around to reading them :D

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the second book in this series! I've wanted to check out book one for a while now. I love that it's just a duology. Great review!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes duologies are great! And quite rare these days.

      Sophie @ Seamless Reader

      Delete
  3. I haven't read the first book yet, but I've heard some great things about it! Seeing as the sequel is equally as good, I'm definitely going to have to read it soon! Great review :)

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! It's a real lovely duology. You should give it a try :)

      Sophie @ Seamless Reader

      Delete
  4. I still have yet to read this one yet. I have had no time. i am glad to see that you enjoyed this one though. Great review!

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! It's hard to keep up with so many new releases. I hope you find the time to read it soon! It's a lovely sequel!

      Sophie @ Seamless Reader

      Delete
  5. Great post! I nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger Award - check out my post to find out the rules: http://confessions-of-a-book-addict.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger Award - check out my post to find out the rules: http://confessions-of-a-book-addict.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top