Monday, June 29, 2015

Sophie Suggests: Summer Reads

3:51 PM

After some contemplation I have decided to create a "feature' for my blog where I give you all 5 book suggestions that fit a specific category. I realized that my blog is getting pretty boring because all I post are reviews and a couple memes here and there. While those things are important, I also feel like creativity is a very crucial aspect to have. I know that this isn't that creative, but it is a start. Hopefully, I can eventually make better and more creative content. I'm naming this "Sophie Suggests" because I really couldn't think of a better name.  


So without further a do, here are some suggestions to satisfy your need for summer reads!

1) Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler


I remember reading this book last summer and just absolutely loving it. I find this book has a very balanced out amount of important things that one would usually want in a contemporary. What I really love about it is that it has a romantic aspect to it, but it also touches on a few deeper and more serious topics. It covers, loss, family and friendship without deviating from those cute and fluffy summer feelings. I guess it's less on the light-hearted side. 













2) Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Although, I would honestly say that all of Stephanie Perkins' books make some pretty awesome summer reads, Lola, to me, felt like the best out of the three. I can't really point my finger as to why, though. Maybe because it's set in San Francisco? I don't really know, but my point is that you should all read this one this summer, if you haven't already. It's light and fluffy and you will just love Cricket Bell and Lola's unique personality. 













3) Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Again, this one is NOT a light-hearted summer read. It's a bit more on the sad side, but it will make for the perfect summer read if you're looking for something with more depth to it. This book will immediately transport you to a summery setting. And it will also make you get really attached to the characters. It has it's cute bits, but it also has some sad and thought provoking aspects to it.(P.s. You should really check out all of Morgan Matson's books. You'll be hooked, I promise.)











4) We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

I thought I'd throw in something a bit different than the rest. Now, trust me when I tell you that this one makes a really good summer read. When you get to that point where you've binge read so many cute and romantic contemporaries and don't really know what else to do with your life, fear no more because I have the book for you. I won't really go into much detail about what this book is about because (and I'm sure you've heard this before) it's better to go into without knowing a thing. Except maybe for the fact that it's awesome. And that it will feel very summery, while breaking that chain of fluffiness and cheesiness. 











This list would not be complete without this one. This trilogy is by far on of my favorite summer reads. It has a relatable main character and some cute love interests. It does revolve around a love triangle, but it's well-written love triangle. It's also make a very nice read if you're looking for something where family is a huge topi. You seriously can't go wrong with anything by Jenny Han.













Have you read any of these? Do you have any summery book suggestions? Comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!


2 comments:

  1. I have read We Were Liars. That is a really good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I really liked the plot twist and the writing was just beautiful!

      Sophie @ Seamless Reader

      Delete

Back to Top