Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Book-Haul: A Trip to the Bookstore

1:46 PM

  




A few days ago I decided to pay a little visit to my local (by local I mean a hour drive away) indie bookstore. Going to this bookstore is such a lovely experience because every single visit will always be very different from the last. Sometimes they have a ton of books that meet my interests (like you can hear my wallet sobbing as soon as I step foot in there) and other times they don't have as many because the latest shipment hasn't arrived yet. Nonetheless, I never leave empty handed. Plus they have the most amazing coffee and scrumptious pastries.


Before I keep going, I think I should inform you that living here in Puerto Rico is a real challenge for bookworms like myself. You see we don't have any Barnes and Noble, Waterstones, Chapters, etc. We only have 3 bookstores, I kid you not. Although I'm not counting like 2 or 3 others that only sell books written in Spanish. You see, while my first language is Spanish, I have no interest whatsoever in Spanish books. And even if I did, none of the books are YA. Do you see my problem? This is why I buy my books online 95% of the time. 

Anyway, I wish I had taken a picture, so I could show you the cozy and heart-warming place that is this bookstore. Since I didn't, here is a link to their Facebook page: The Bookmark. The amount of love I have for this place is unimaginable. I remember the day I found out of it's existence. I started screaming of happiness and somehow convinced my mom to let me skip school on a Friday so she could take me book shopping. Talk about an amazing day. I truly appreciate this bookstore and it's bookish glory. I'm always eagerly waiting for my next visit.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top